Effective as of 2016-10-19 (October 19th 2016)
Additional terms: In addition to the Master Terms, your use of any Services may also be subject to specific terms applicable to a particular Service (“Additional Terms”). If there is any conflict between the Additional Terms and the Master Terms, then the Additional Terms apply in relation to the relevant Service.
Collectively, the Terms: The Master Terms, together with any Additional Terms, form a binding legal agreement between you and Goodvertising in relation to your use of the Services. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to below as the “Terms.”
Human-readable summary of Sec 1: These terms create a contract between you and Goodvertising. The contract governs your use of the website, Goodvertising.site. These human-readable summaries of each section are not part of the contract, but are intended to help you understand its terms.
- Your Agreement to the Terms
YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF ANY SERVICES (INCLUDING THE LICENSES, PUBLIC DOMAIN TOOLS, AND CHOOSERS) SIGNIFIES THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS. By accessing or using any Services you also represent that you have the legal authority to accept the Terms on behalf of yourself and any party you represent in connection with your use of any Services. If you do not agree to the Terms, you are not authorized to use any Services.
Human-readable summary of Sec 2: Please read these terms and only use our site and services if you agree to them.
- Changes to the Terms
From time to time, Goodvertising may change, remove, or add to the Terms, and reserves the right to do so in its discretion. In that case, we will post updated Terms and indicate the date of revision. If we feel the modifications are material, we will make reasonable efforts to post a prominent notice on the relevant sites. All new and/or revised Terms take effect immediately and apply to your use of the Services from that date on, except that material changes will take effect 30 days after the change is made and identified as material. Your continued use of any Services after new and/or revised Terms are effective, indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to those Terms.
Human-readable summary of Sec 3: These terms may change. When the changes are important, we will put a notice on the website. If you continue to use the sites after the changes are made, you agree to the changes.
- Content Available through the Services
Provided as-is: You acknowledge that Goodvertising does not make any representations or warranties about the material, data, and information, such as data files, text, computer software, code, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos, or other images (collectively, the “Content”) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Services. Under no circumstances is Goodvertising liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to: any infringing Content, any errors or omissions in Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted, linked from, or otherwise accessible through or made available via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
Human-readable summary of Sec 4: We try our best to have useful information on our sites, but we cannot promise that everything is accurate or appropriate for your situation.
- Content Supplied by You
Your responsibility: You represent, warrant, and agree that no Content posted or otherwise shared by you on or through any of the Services (“Your Content”), violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights, breaches or conflicts with any obligation, such as a confidentiality obligation, or contains libelous, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful material.
Removal: Goodvertising may, but is not obligated to, review Your Content and may delete or remove Your Content (without notice) from any of the Services in its sole discretion. Removal of any of Your Content from the Services (by you or Goodvertising) does not impact any rights you granted in Your Content under the terms.
Human-readable summary of Sec 5: We do not take any ownership of your content when you post it on our sites. If you post content you own, you agree it can be used under the terms of Creative Commons BY 4.0 or any future version of that license. If you do not own the content, then you should not post it unless it is in the public domain or licensed Creative Commons BY 4.0, except that you may also post pictures and videos if you are authorized to use them under law (e.g., fair use). You must note that information on the file when you upload it. You are responsible for any content you upload to our sites.
- Prohibited Conduct
You agree not to engage in any of the following activities:
- Violating laws and rights:
- You may not (a) use any Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international laws, (b) violate or encourage others to violate any right of or obligation to a third party, including by infringing, misappropriating, or violating intellectual property, confidentiality, or privacy rights.
- You may not use the Services or any information provided through the Services for the transmission of advertising or promotional materials, including junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation.
- You may not use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Services, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Services; including by (a) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm or other malicious code, or (b) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide any of the Services, or violating any regulation, policy, or procedure of any network, equipment, or server.
- Harming others:
- You may not post or transmit Content on or through the Services that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false or misleading, or incites an illegal act;
- You may not intimidate or harass another through the Services; and, you may not post or transmit any personally identifiable information about persons under 13 years of age on or through the Services.
- Impersonation or unauthorized access:
- You may not impersonate another person or entity, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity when using the Services;
- You may not use or attempt to use another’s account or personal information; and,
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through hacking password mining or any other means.
Human-readable summary of Sec 6: Play nice. Be yourself. Don’t break the law or be disruptive.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Goodvertising offers the services (including all content available on or through the services) as-is and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the services, express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, including without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Goodvertising does not warrant that the functions of the services will be uninterrupted or error-free, that content made available on or through the services will be error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any servers used by Goodvertising are free of viruses or other harmful components. Goodvertising does not warrant or make any representation regarding use of the content available through the services in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Human-readable summary of Sec 7: Goodvertising does not make any guarantees about the sites, services, or content available on the sites.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Goodvertising be liable to you on any legal theory for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including without limitation, loss of revenue or income, lost profits, pain and suffering, emotional distress, cost of substitute goods or services, or similar damages suffered or incurred by you or any third party that arise in connection with the services (or the termination thereof for any reason), even if Goodvertising has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Goodvertising is not responsible or liable whatsoever in any manner for any content posted on or available through the services (including claims of infringement relating to that content), for your use of the services, or for the conduct of third parties on or through the services.
Certain jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of certain warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply to you. IN THESE JURISDICTIONS, THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS WILL BE ENFORCED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Human-readable summary of Sec 8: Goodvertising is not responsible for the content on the sites, your use of our services, or for the conduct of others on our sites.
To the extent authorized by law, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Goodvertising, its employees, officers, directors, affiliates, and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting directly or indirectly from or arising out of (a) your violation of the Terms, (b) your use of any of the Services, and/or (c) the Content you make available on any of the Services.
Human-readable summary of Sec 9: If something happens because you violate these terms, because of your use of the services, or because of the content you post on the sites, you agree to repay Goodvertising for the damage it causes.
- Trademark Policy
Goodvertising’s name, logos, icons, and other trademarks may only be used in accordance with our Trademark Policy, which is incorporated by reference into these Master Terms. Please review the Trademark Policy so you understand how Goodvertising’s trademarks may be used.
Human-readable summary of Sec 11: Please read our Trademark Policy. It is part of these terms, too.
- Copyright Complaints
Goodvertising respects copyright, and we prohibit users of the Services from submitting, uploading, posting, or otherwise transmitting any Content on the Services that violates another person’s proprietary rights. To report allegedly infringing Content hosted on our website, send a Notice of Infringing Materials to our e-mail.
Human-readable summary of Sec 12: Please let us know if you find infringing content on our websites.
By Goodvertising: Goodvertising may modify, suspend, or terminate the operation of, or access to, all or any portion of the Services at any time for any reason. Additionally, your individual access to, and use of, the Services may be terminated by Goodvertising at any time and for any reason.
By you: If you wish to terminate this agreement, you may immediately stop accessing or using the Services at any time.
Automatic upon breach: Your right to access and use the Services terminates automatically upon your breach of any of the Terms.
Survival: The disclaimer of warranties, the limitation of liability, and the jurisdiction and applicable law provisions will survive any termination. The license grants applicable to Your Content are not impacted by the termination of the Terms and shall continue in effect subject to the terms of the applicable license. Your warranties and indemnification obligations will survive for one year after termination.
Human-readable summary of Sec 13: If you violate these terms, you may no longer use our site.
- Miscellaneous Terms
Choice of law: The Terms are governed by and construed by Danish law, not including its choice of law rules.
Dispute resolution: The parties agree that any disputes between Goodvertising and you concerning these Terms, and/or any of the Services may only brought in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Denmark, and you hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such court.
- If you are an authorized agent of a government or intergovernmental entity using the Services in your official capacity, including an authorized agent of the state or local government in Denmark, and you are legally restricted from accepting the controlling law, jurisdiction, or venue clauses above, then those clauses do not apply to you. For any such Danish government entities, these Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of Denmark (without reference to conflict of laws).
No waiver: Either party’s failure to insist on or enforce strict performance of any of the Terms will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
Severability: If any part of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any law or regulation or final determination of a competent court or tribunal, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
No agency relationship: The parties agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Goodvertising as a result of the Terms or from your use of any of the Services.
Integration: These Master Terms and any applicable Additional Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Goodvertising relating to this subject matter and supersede any and all prior communications and/or agreements between you and Goodvertising relating to access and use of the Services.
Human-readable summary of Sec 14: If there is a lawsuit arising from these terms, it should be in Denmark and governed by Danish law. We are glad you use our sites, but this agreement does not mean we are partners.
Effective as of 2016-10-19 (October 19th 2016).
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number, or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Services, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- If Goodvertising is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Goodvertising will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Goodvertising is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information Goodvertising Collects
We may collect personal information through our Services, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive updates from Goodvertising;
- when you subscribe to our email lists;
- when you purchase merchandise;
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available through our Services.
What Goodvertising Does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive updates from Goodvertising in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about Goodvertising news and campaigns.
When you subscribe to updates from us, your email address is sent to and stored in a database hosted on Goodvertising’ servers that can only be accessed by Goodvertising staff and contractors. When you subscribe to our email list, your name and email address is sent to and stored by Goodvertising, or another service with which Goodvertising has engaged to provide email support. Personal information submitted as part of our email list is used for the purpose of managing the list and sending newsletters.
Purchases. When you purchase merchandise from the Goodvertising store, your personal information will be used for the purpose of sending you the items you purchased. If you sign up to receive updates from Goodvertising when you check out from the store, we will use your personal information to send you communications about Goodvertising news and campaigns.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Goodvertising’ practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may however share your personal information in two instances:
- First, Goodvertising may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Services.
If Goodvertising is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Goodvertising will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Goodvertising is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
Goodvertising has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Goodvertising stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Services.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect
When you use the Services, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve our Services, and for systems administration purposes. Goodvertising may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Services for those same purposes.
No Selling or Sharing
CC discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
If Goodvertising is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then Goodvertising will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless Goodvertising is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users